Friday, June 17, 2016

Randomness

Hello my friends, I am still here!!! Can't believe we are in June already!!!! Where did the time go? Sorry for disappearing for so long, I have been very busy with work, but I have not abandon my quilting. Although the progress was slow, I have finally finished the hand quilting part of my Hawaiian quilt!!  I can see the finish line on this one~~~ So happy~~


This happened in May but I really would like to share this with you. All along in my impression, quilting is not a "main stream" hobby here in Taiwan. So when I hear that there is going to be a quilt show here, I was really surprised, and of course I had to go check it out!! To my amazement, that was a really nice show!! There are quilts from 21 different countries and over 400 show pieces, the best part, it is free!!! It is really interesting to compare the quilts from all the different countries, you can see the cultural differences in each quilt. I really enjoyed the show, learned so much from it!! Would definitely go again if there is another one in the future.


Now on to the next project!! I have pulled out my threads and fabric and am so ready to start something new. These are some beautiful colors, won't you say?!


My jasmine is starting to flower lately. The smell is so divine!! I can smell them while sitting in  my living room, such a wonderful thing~


By the way, Nancy over at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe has been hosting some awesome giveaways again, I have listed the latest ones on my sidebar, be sure to join the fun if you haven't already!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your hand quilting is wonderful! Have a great time quilting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa